Oakland County Clerk’s Mobile Office Heading to Farmington Hills on March 17
Release date: 3/7/2011
The Oakland County Clerk’s Mobile Office is heading to the Costick Senior Center in Farmington Hills on Thursday, March 17th, announced Oakland County Clerk/Register of Deeds Bill Bullard, Jr. Anyone who lives in the area or surrounding communities is welcome. The Mobile Office will be available from 11:00am to 1:00pm at the Senior Center, 28600 W. 11 Mile Rd. in Farmington Hills. “The Mobile Office is great way for us to bring our services to you,” said Bullard. “Our office in Pontiac can be a long way for communities in the far corners of the county. This is a cost-effective way for us to be more customer friendly and convenient for all Oakland County residents."
The Mobile Office is a no-frills operation. Employees set up shop in borrowed space with laptop computers and printers so they can provide customers with on-the-spot copies of birth certificates, death certificates or other public records. Normal copy fees apply. Services include:
- Certified Copies of Birth, Death and Marriage Records
- Marriage License Applications
- Notary Public Applications
- Registration of Assumed Names and Co-Partnerships
- Military Discharge Forms
- Passport Applications & Photos
- Copies of Property Records and Deeds
- Oakland County Circuit Court Records
- Identity Protection Information
- Voter Registration
- Absentee Ballot Application Forms
- Concealed Pistol License
The Mobile Office, launched in 2009, has assisted hundreds of residents across the county. Upcoming visits in 2011 include:
- April 21 – Troy Public Library, 510 Big Beaver Road, Troy, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- May 19 – Southfield Public Library, 26300 Evergreen Rd, Southfield, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
“Anyone from the surrounding communities is welcome to join us to take advantage of this convenient service,” said Bullard. There is no additional expense associated with the Mobile Office. Resources, including employees and computers, are simply being redeployed in regional locations.
For more information, residents may visit our website or call 248-858-0560.
Back to Newsroom ...