Honorable James B. Brady
Honorable Marla E. Parker
31605 West Eleven Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
Office Hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm
The 47th Judicial District Court is a limited jurisdiction court serving the cities of Farmington and Farmington Hills. The Court has jurisdiction over criminal misdemeanors, civil cases in which the amount in dispute is $25,000 or less, parking violations, traffic violations and other civil infractions, landlord-tenant disputes, and small claims matters. In addition, the Court has initial jurisdiction on criminal felony cases for the purpose of determining probable cause.
COVID-19 Update from the 47th District Court
IN ACCORDANCE WITH MICHIGAN SUPREME COURT ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER 2020-14, EFFECTIVE MAY 6, 2020, THE 47TH DISTRICT COURT IS IN THE MIDST OF A FOUR (4) PHASE PROCESS TO ULTIMATELY RETURN TO FULL CAPACITY. DURING THE CURRENT PHASE,
THE 47TH DISTRICT COURT REMAINS CLOSED TO WALK-IN BUSINESS
The following operational practices shall apply during the continued period of closure:
- The Court will remain operational during regular business hours to conduct court services and all case events that can be conducted through video conferencing technology.This includes virtually all types of case events.
All other case events during this time period shall be adjourned to later dates.
- Court phone lines will remain open during regular business hours. Main number: (248) 871-2900.
- If you have an outstanding bench warrant you are seeking to resolve, contact the Court by phone at (248) 871-2900, and select option 7 from the menu.
- If you are seeking to make a payment, , Oakland County, in partnership with the Cities of Farmington and Farmington Hills, will waive service fees for online payments made through the G2G payment system.
Online payments may be made at the Court’s section of the City of Farmington Hills website at:
- The Court shall accept filings during this period as follows:
- Filings not requiring a filing fee or other payment may be made by FAX to (248) 871-2901.
- All other filings should be made by mail. If you wish to file electronically and make payment using the G2G online payment system, please first contact the Civil Division of the Clerk’s Office at (248) 871-2900, menu option 6. Any other questions on filings should also be directed to the Civil Division.
- Requests for emergency consideration shall be accepted by FAX (248) 871-2901 or by email to email@example.com. Any submitted request must include an explanation of why the matter should be considered an emergency and a return contact number and email address. The judges will review requests and approve them at their discretion.
- Probation appointments shall continue to be conducted by telephone. Probationers should contact their probation officer for further instruction.
- For updated information on this changing situation, please consult the Court’s website at:
https://www.fhgov.com/Government/Departments-Divisions/47th-District-Court.aspx. Also, information will be available on the 47th District Court Facebook page (@47thdistrictcourt).
For updated information on this rapidly changing situation, please consult the Court's website at:
https://www.fhgov.com/Government/Departments-Divisions/47th-District-Court.aspx Also, information will be available on the 4i11 District Court Facebook page (@47thdistrictcomi).
To pay traffic ticket fines and costs by credit card 24 hours / 7 days a week call Government Payment Services at: 888-604-7888 or pay online at www.governmentpayment.com A 5% fee for this service will be added to the total amount charged.
To make a payment by phone or online you must have the following information:
- Pay Location Code Number: 5042
- Defendant's Full Name (last/first/middle)
- Defendant's Date of Birth
- Defendant's Driver's License Number
- The Amount Owed on the Ticket
Links of Interest
Michigan Supreme Court
State Court Administration