Absent Voter Information
You are eligible for an absentee ballot if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Are physically unable to attend the polls without assistance of another
- Are appointed as a precinct worker in a precinct other than your own
- Expect to be absent from the community in which you are registered on election day
- Cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion
- Cannot attend the polls because you are confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial
Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act (MOVE)
Are you in communication with military or overseas civilian voters who are eligible to register and vote in Michigan? If so, we encourage you to inform them that new state and federal laws make it easier for military and overseas civilian voters to register and participate in elections. Most importantly, military and overseas civilian voters can now receive a ballot by email or fax to speed the voting process! The voted ballot must be returned by mail for security purposes.
Permanent Absent Voter List
The City of Farmington maintains a Permanent Absent Voter List for registered voters, age 60 and over, who elect to automatically receive an application for an Absent Voter Ballot prior to each election. If you would like to be placed on this mailing list please download the response card. Even if you choose to put your name on the list, you still have the option to vote at the polls by not returning the AV Ballot application.